Recipe of Aloo Gobi
India is one of the leading cauliflower producers, so it’s no wonder that in Indian food this dish (aloo gobi) is also very popular. The Toasted Whole Wheat Flatbreads (Roti) usually eat it. Search for those that are solid and creamy white, without any brown markings, when choosing fresh cauliflower tops. My mom often makes Indian burritos(role) by frying some of aloo gobi dish in a Roti for my dad’s lunch. It tastes terrible at room temp without having to reheat it in the microwave and fill the office with the flavor of Indian spices. As it is rich in folate and vitamin C, pregnant women benefit from cauliflower. Folate helps the baby grow properly and vitamin C keeps the immune system strong.
Ingrendents and Method
- 1 Big fresh coliflower head (around 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 1 lb (500 g) frozen bitesize cauliflower florets
- Three cubits of vegetable oil
- 1 Fully grown tomato, 4 bits split
- 1 Medium potato russet (around 1⁄2 lb/225 g)
- Peeled and sliced into 1⁄2 cubes (1.25 cm) 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger peeled and finely
- 1 spoon cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of red pepper powder
- 11⁄4 teaspoons of salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh leaves of coriander (dhaniya)
- rinsed and chopped (about 1⁄4 cup/10 g of packed leaves).