If you are following a low-carbo diet and are a lover of Tex Mex cuisine, beef tacos are for you. It’s a delicious low-carb, high-protein recipe – the perfect dinner!
God to know Facts
If you want to lose weight or just eat healthy, that doesn’t mean you need to cut out carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are one of the three macronutrients and provide energy to the body. For athletes, carbohydrates are even more important. But on days when you don’t get a lot of exercise, have already eaten enough carbohydrates, or just feel like trying something new, this KissAnime low-carb recipe is the perfect alternative.
LOW CARB0 RECIPE: MEAT TACOS WRAPPED IN LETTUCE
INGREDIENTS FOR TWO SERVINGS:
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 350g of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt (just enough)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 teaspoons of Mexican salsa
- Juice of ½ lime
- Cut the onion into cubes. Sauté it in the canola oil until it is translucent then crush the garlic clove and add it to the onion.
- Brown the ground beef in the pan and add the spices.
- Rinse the lettuce. Fill the lettuce leaves with the meat and pour the Mexican sauce over them. Squeeze the lime juice over everything before serving.
- One serving has 420 calories, 7g of carbohydrates, 33g of protein, and 36g of fat.
- Enjoy your meal!