In India, an evergreen favorite is certainly a Chicken Biryani as an Indian Food, a well-cooked chicken, for a special Sunday brunch or for a party meal. And it’s also a visual pleasure — a lovely array of rice, soft chicken, and flavors, stuffed with fresh mint leaves and coriander, with brown Fried Onions and etc. Chicken is a high-grade protein that produces a healthy, satisfying pot supper when paired with rice, herbs, spices, and yogurt-like any traditional chicken biryani. Serve it with a raita and salad or a kachumber, essentially hot piping, and wait for all the compliments! I’d also recommend trying out this recipe with Chutney Chicken with Golden Brown Biryani.
Easy Chicken Biryani Recipe Restaurant Style
For chicken marinating
- 750 grams chicken cleaned and washed well
- Slat to tasre
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder (powder of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper)
- ½ tsp Black pepper (Kali mirch powder)
- ½ bunch Coriander leaves
- 10-20 mint leaves
- 6 green chillies vertically slit
- 1 Cup fried onions (5-6 medium size onions deep fried)
- 1 cup beaten yogurt
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp lemon extracted powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 600 gram Basmati rice
- salt to taste
- whole garam masala (4 small cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves, 3 cardamoms, 6-7 black pepper corns)
- 1 tsp shahi zeera/caraway seeds
- 1 tsp oil
For garnishing/seasoning while giving dum
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp fried onions
- 1 tbsp fried onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp onion flavored oil (oil remained after frying onions)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 3-4 saffron strands mixed with 2 tbsp of milk
- Firstly, in a bowl, add the chicken, salt, red chili, turmeric, garlic paste of ginger, garam masala powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves, slit green chili, and fried onions. In a pot, add the chickpeas to the powder.
- Mix this whole mixture well.
- Add beaten yogurt, green cardamom powder, lemon extract, oil.
- Mix the whole marinade well so that the masala is coated well to every chicken piece.
- After mixing well, marinate the chicken for half an hour.
Cooking the rice
- Wash the basmati rice and soak it in water for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take a handi, add water, salt to taste, and whole garam masala (cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamoms, black pepper corns).
- Add shahi zeera and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice into the boiling water.
- Cook the rice for about 7-8 minutes, or until it is 70% done.
- Turn off the heat and strain the rice.
- Take a handi, add a small amount of oil throughout the base.
- Add the marinated chicken to the base and spread the marinade evenly.
- Add the strained rice and spread it evenly across the chicken.
- Finally add green cardamom powder to biryani, some fried onions, leaves of coriander, mint leaf, lemon extract, some oil, ghee, and milk flavored with saffron.
- Cover the handi with a lid.
- Place a tawa on the stove.
- Place the handi on the tawa.
- Dum the biryani on high flame for 15 minutes.
- Dum the biryani on low flame for 30-35 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Biryani is done.
- Serve the chicken biryani.