In the Subcontinent of India, Falooda is a cold dessert. It’s a version of the faloodeh of Iranian falooda. It is traditionally made by combining rose syrup, vermicelli(सेवई), sweet basil (तुलसीदल)seeds with milk, mostly served with ice cream. Vermicelli is made from wheat, arrowroot, cornstarch, or sago.
- Milk 1 ¼ ltrs.
- Sugar 4 tbsps.
- Falooda seeds 100 gms.
- Water 1 cup
- Cornflour vermicelli(cooked) 1 cup
- Red rose syrup 4 tbsps.
- Almonds(soaked, peeled & chopped)
- 4 tbsps.
- Cream for topping
- Crushed ice As required
- Place the falood seeds in water full night.
- Boil the milk till slightly thick together with the sugar.
- Cool milk together with the vermicelli (सेवई), almonds, faloods and crushed ice or add the rose syrup.
- Serve in cream-covered glasses. and Falooda recipe ready!